Emojis are a fun way to communicate and Notifyd supports using these within Notifications and Chats. Follow the steps below for either Windows or Mac operating systems. There are a couple of methods for both operating systems to use these. 🤩
- Right-click on the taskbar and select “Show touch keyboard button” from the context menu.
- This will add a keyboard icon to the system tray. Just click that icon to open the touch keyboard.
- Click the emoji button next to the space bar, and the alphabetical keys will convert into emoji keyboard.
- Select whichever emoji you’d like to use and it’ll be inserted where you left your cursor.
- Put the cursor in any text field you’d like to insert an emoji.
- Press the WIN + . (full stop) keyboard shortcut, or else the WIN + ; (semicolon). Either will open an emoji picker over the text field.
- Emoji are divided into several categories: smiley faces and animals, people, celebrations and objects, food and plants, transportation and places, symbols.
- You can pick a category from the bottom row and click any emoji to insert it.
- Ensure that the app you want to type in is in focus, then position your cursor where you’d like to type the Emoji characters.
- Press the Control + Command + Spacebar keys on your keyboard at the same time.
- A small window overlay appears with a bunch of Emoji characters in it.
- Now, simply pick which Emoji you’d like to type on your Mac and double-click on it. The emoji character is automatically inserted where your cursor was positioned.
- Click on the little Apple logo at the top left of your Mac screen.
- Click on the System Preferences option.
- Click on the Keyboard icon in the second row.
- On this screen, tap the checkbox to enable the Show keyboard & emoji viewers in menubar option.